x

Tracking Vendor Sales

Some of the items in my shop are owned by vendors and i sell them on a consignment basis. 

Is there a way my vendors can log into my square system without seeing all my personal details so that they are able to track their sales?

for those who are wanting to do the same I also thought I'd share some information on how to sell on consignment. 

My vendors keep 70% of their earnings and remit 30% to my shop as a rental/storage fee. 

I have them give me an electronic spreadsheet of their inventory for easy uploading into the item library. I then print out barcodes to place on the items so that myself or employees can track the sales. (this is only available on the retail plus subscription)

I pay them out each week based on their sales. I have them categorized by their shop name as well as added them as a vendor for tracking. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Im happy to help. 

blusjourney.com

KEENA TENORIO
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @Keena thanks for your post. You could set the vendors up as "employees" and limit their access; I'm not sure how well this may work for you though. Maybe another seller would have direct experience with this.

https://squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/team-management

You could also explore some options for consignment management. There used to be a Square integration called "Rose" but not sure if that is still available. There is also another program I know of called MVPOFSALES. This is a separate subscription program outside of Square, but you would (or your vendors could) upload their inventory and sku/prices to their own dashboard. When you make a sale of their item and ring into Square, you'd also go into this web portal and mark the item sold. The vendors would then check this to see live inventory levels.

You could also somehow manage your own spreadsheet and update manually when a vendor's item sells, and then share that with your vendors weekly, but I could see that would add a lot of work for you.

I hope you'll find a good solution to this question.

Message 2 of 2