x

Transfer holds by square

Square has been holding my transfer funds of $7997 since April 22, 2024 due to my account being under review. While I understand this what I don't understand is why it's taking so long when I've submitted everything requested by them. I'm told my case has been escalated but still no word from square as promised. It's hurting our business to not have our funds transferred I'm at a loss on what to do. 

Chelle Ellard
Message 1 of 6
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Transfer holds by square

Hi @MIYODO,

We understand that undergoing an account review can be frustrating. Our team strives to complete all reviews within our standard timeframe of 1-2 business days after receiving the necessary information.

If you find that your Square transfers are delayed beyond this timeframe, there may be factors prolonging the process. Overlooking information or leaving questions unanswered can cause further delays in queuing your online form for review. In this instance, I expedited your account review with our Account Services team, and I'm pleased to inform you that it has been successfully completed today, and your services are back up and running.

For future updates on your review progress, don't hesitate to reach out to us. If you encounter difficulty reaching us through our support channels, you can also contact us here or via private message on our social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, or X). We're here to assist you.

5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

That would be super frustrating indeed.  It is an area that seems to need a lot more communication.  I would want hourly updates if you are holding up a deposit of mine right now as it would be over 50k.  Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone here can do except feel your pain as we are all just users and a few Square mods here.  the channels you are using now to communicate are the best available for you.

Hope it gets resolved faster for you as it is closing in on a month.  like what are they verifying that takes that long?  Calling your mom and dad and first job?

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MIYODO,

We understand that undergoing an account review can be frustrating. Our team strives to complete all reviews within our standard timeframe of 1-2 business days after receiving the necessary information.

If you find that your Square transfers are delayed beyond this timeframe, there may be factors prolonging the process. Overlooking information or leaving questions unanswered can cause further delays in queuing your online form for review. In this instance, I expedited your account review with our Account Services team, and I'm pleased to inform you that it has been successfully completed today, and your services are back up and running.

For future updates on your review progress, don't hesitate to reach out to us. If you encounter difficulty reaching us through our support channels, you can also contact us here or via private message on our social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, or X). We're here to assist you.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

Great news @Laurie_ .   @MIYODO Looks like being the squeaky wheel got the job done and your issue was resolved.

Happy Selling!

Message 4 of 6

Square is holding my funds they chose to do this on a Friday after 5pm over a holiday weekend. I need access to funds and no one I can contact to resolve the issue . I'm told support team has limited insight and the will escalate to Account service team and that takes 2 buisness days. I don't understand how after what's considered closed buisness day they can hold funds and not give option to resolve issurw over a holiday weekend I needed funds to travel for weekend now I'm missing my family get together and have no answers . The email I recieved said transaction declined there may be potential fraudulent activity on account to contact customer support to  safely restore my account which I did but still no answers and no funds available please help as I do not have this long holiday weekend please another day or 2 to resolve.  Thank you  

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Agoeman,

Due to the nature of your post being account specific, I've moved it to a private board per our Community guidelines. The Seller Community is intended for seller to seller conversations and we do not have access to account specifics here. I'd recommend checking your emails for an email from our Account Services team as they typically reach out that way and can direct you further. You can also check your online Dashboard for a notification as well.

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6