x

Unit cost after entering items that includes the unit cost - is this a two step process?

We've been selling for months now. When we enter our items, it asks for the unit cost and so it's in there but when I looked at the reports, it says the unit cost is missing. Doesn't the entry of items transfer to all areas or are we having to enter the unit cost in two places??? Will I have to manually enter each cost now so it's also showing for reports and taxes? Is there a way to print off the entry info so I don't have to go back and forth? I thought the dot/dot/dot in the items list was to keep cost private from the customer...

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Janaandmichelle  - 

If you had adjustments before you entered a cost, and want to use that cost, I would recommend going to your Square Dashboard > Items > Inventory Management > History. There is a button in the upper right that says "Resolve missing costs" that will apply default costs you've entered to past adjustments. 

If you prefer to go one by one, or if you have an item without a default cost, you can also filter the History list from showing "all costs" to showing "missing costs" using a drop down at the top. That will give you the ability to enter a cost row by row by clicking "Add Cost" in the row for that item.  

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Thank you Elaine! I'll try this today or tomorrow! Super appreciate your help!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Janaandmichelle  - 

If you had adjustments before you entered a cost, and want to use that cost, I would recommend going to your Square Dashboard > Items > Inventory Management > History. There is a button in the upper right that says "Resolve missing costs" that will apply default costs you've entered to past adjustments. 

If you prefer to go one by one, or if you have an item without a default cost, you can also filter the History list from showing "all costs" to showing "missing costs" using a drop down at the top. That will give you the ability to enter a cost row by row by clicking "Add Cost" in the row for that item.  

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

Thank you Elaine! I'll try this today or tomorrow! Super appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 3