x

Using Square for Consignment Sales

I'd like to be able to track sales by vendor for a consignment shop.  Has anyone used Square to do this?  Maybe create a category which is a specific vendor?  

Any suggestions on how anyone has done it will be a big help.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 126
1 Best Answer

Best Answer
Hi VBBGallery, I own a consignment shop and use square...though I use a consignment software that tracks what purchases sell for each vendor and use square as my POS service. You could make each vendor a category listing on square but I think you'll find it becomes hard to track each item and very labor intensive...hence I would search out consignment software to help with the inventory aspect

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 126
125 REPLIES 125
Beta Member

I don't know if you found a solution but we created our own consignment software to integrate with Square as I couldn't find one that did. We are finishing up the integrating to Square's api. In the meantime our software allows the upload of Square's sales file csv.

Let me know if you are interested. My email is [personal information redacted]

Message 64 of 126

Hello, your email was redacted because it's personal information. Can you share the link to your consignment software, or at least tell us the name so we can find it? I'm looking for a solution ASAP.

Message 65 of 126

I am interested as well

Message 66 of 126
Beta Member

Jo,

We are finalizing our API this week. We hope to have demo access to a beta of Rose shortly. We have three stores and were dead set against leaving Square but had to move our consignment software out of DOS (no joke) and into the 21st century. Mesaage me as I'm having a hard time private messaging you from my phone. Thanks!

Message 67 of 126

@ConsignConnect Do you use Rose to integrate with Square?

Message 68 of 126

I’m interested please send me information on the system you have created. 

Email:

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 69 of 126

Rose is a cloud based sytem and it communicates with square.

Message 70 of 126

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I am looking for a super simple consignment store software. Any information would be greatly apprec!" The author has been notified via email.

I just opened a consignment store and am in need of a super simple consignment software to track consigners and do tagging. Want to do barcode scanning as well. Help!!

Message 71 of 126
Super Seller

I know that @ConsignConnect has been working on something... Worth asking. 

Do you know how to use Excel at all? One benefit to using something like Excel is being able to store your files online and access them from any computer or device, no monthly fees, and you can tailor it to your needs. It's been several years in the making, but I've forced myself to learn Excel enough to keep track of our sales, generate barcodes, and email a pdf receipt to each vendor at the end of the week all from a spreadsheet, with just a few clicks. PM me if you'd like to know more, I'd love to share (warning... it's an earful, and a steep learning curve if you don't know a little about Excel, to begin with). 

Message 72 of 126
Beta Member

We think we've worked out the API issues. It shouldn't be too much longer to give people demo access to Rose. If anyone is interested, message me and I'll put you on the list for beta access. Thanks!

Message 73 of 126
Beta Member

I would love to see the Beta. Thanks.

Message 74 of 126

You can schedule a demo of the buying & pricing portal at nextgenresale.com

Message 75 of 126

Forgot to say, it only works for Womens and Children's consignment

Message 76 of 126

Please put me on the beta access list.

email [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 77 of 126

@ConsignConnect how is it working?  Would love to hear more.  How does it work across multiple stores?  Also able to integrate with Shopify?

Message 78 of 126
Beta Member

Yes, Rose is built for multi-location as we own three consignment stores ourselves. As for Shopify, we are working on adding integration but we aren't there yet. Check us out!

https://www.consignorconnect.com

Message 79 of 126
Beta Member

Rose is multi-location ready out of the box. Your Square account should have multiple locations under the same square account (email address). Each location has a unique ID, Rose uses that ID to sync the inventory and sales info into your Rose account.

Let me know if you need more info. Our website has contact info you can find here.

Message 80 of 126
Beta Member

I would love to see a sample excel consignment document.

Message 81 of 126
Beta Member

Can you contact me regarding your use of Excel for consignment? Or send photo templates. I do know Excel but am looking for statement templates. I would love to include my terms, logo and contact info. Thanks. Laurel

Message 82 of 126

I would like to know more about how you do the excel spreadsheet to log , track and upload into square.

email [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 83 of 126

I would like to learn more about using excel for this purpose.  I am very famililar with the software.  

Message 84 of 126