x
Super Seller

Weebly site design and confusion!

I am so confused over the Weebly/Square online websites. I used to have a Square site (which I think STILL exists somewhere, although I haven't updated it recently), then switched over to Weebly. I tried to design some pages to have online ordering of my store, but got discouraged. I recently revisited trying to add and design shopping pages on my Weekly site with square integration. Is there ANY videos or online resources to answer questions? I'm getting totally confused about what kind of pages to make, and I feel it impossible to wrap my mind around Square vs. Weebly vs. etc.! Is anyone else confused over this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks for posting about it, @HC_Charlie. While you are looking at the Square Online Store Dashboard, click on the support link on top. This will load the Weebly support site, but filtered to show you articles that are specific to Square Online Store websites. You should be able to find a lot of great articles there on adding content to the website and integrating your store with it.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

UPDATE! Just an update at about 6 mons. of using Weebly with Square. As with any new software/website, the more time I spent exploring the site and tools, the more familiar I became with it; and the more comfortable I got making edits to my site. Some tasks have become very routine and easy to do and I've been very happy with how it works. I'm thinking about upgrading soon...but I'm hesitant because I don't know how much it may change the procedures I've become accustomed to doing. My advice is anyone struggling with it, keep trying and exploring and you'll get more comfortable with it.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @HC_Charlie 

I'm so glad that it's gotten easier for you and a better experience after a while!

I definitely feel the same way. I've been using wordpress for maaaany years, and it took me a bit of time to understand and learn Square Online/Weebly, and now that I've experimented with it for a bit it's definitely a lot easier and works pretty well!

There are still some little things that can be frustrating, but so much has improved over the last year, and I'm sure it will only get better and easier!

I'm going to upgrade and make my Square site my primary & only website sometime this month, since it's all integrated and easy for me and for my customers.

It doesn't look like upgrading will change too much - just add some features and let you use your own domain.
Anything in particular you're hesitant about?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

I already have my own domain and I think I have maybe the Pro level....the next version up will give me more shopping cart options and gift options. They only thing that worries me at all is if something might "break" in how the website is working now...and I might not be able to revert back if something isn't working correctly.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

@HC_Charlie 

Awesome! I'm glad you're digging the Pro version so far!

I don't know too much about the higher levels, but at least theoretically nothing major should change or break with just adding the extra features - definitely a good question for @AdamB 

In terms of downgrading, that's another great question for @AdamB !

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 7
Admin

@pessosices is correct, @HC_Charlie - upgrading to a higher plan will just add additional features and won't break or change how you have things now. We can also help you go back to the Pro plan if you decide that you'd rather stick with that. Let me know if you have any other questions about upgrading. 🙂

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 7 of 7