x
Beta Member

What are the Sellable and Stockable fields on the upload template?

I just went to upload some new items to Square and I saw some fields that I've never seen before: SELLABLE and STOCKABLE.I tried to search for an explanation and I don't see them anywhere, and I also don't see them as options when I create an item from scratch in the dashboard.  What are they and how do I use them? Thanks! Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.38.51 AM.png

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @roughdraftny!

After discussing with the product team, it looks like these fields are currently a "bug" as they were included in a separate update, but were not meant to be deployed quite yet. They will become more clear with an upcoming release that involves functionality for non-sellable stock units. For now, you should be fine with leaving them blank. 

Thanks @TheRealChipA for bringing this to my attention.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@roughdraftny I wanted to reach out and let you know that I have initiated an inquiry with someone at Square.  I am waiting to hear back from them with an answer, since my research didn’t come up with anything concrete.  At this point, I’m pretty sure that those new fields are for future capabilities being built into the product.   But I won’t know for certain until early next week, most likely.  For now, I’d say don’t worry about them, since they don’t seem to have any obvious functionality that should get in the way of your upload.  Leaving them blank should have no effect.

I’ll touch base once I have a more definitive answer about the purpose of those fields — even if that answer is still “never mind!”

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @roughdraftny!

After discussing with the product team, it looks like these fields are currently a "bug" as they were included in a separate update, but were not meant to be deployed quite yet. They will become more clear with an upcoming release that involves functionality for non-sellable stock units. For now, you should be fine with leaving them blank. 

Thanks @TheRealChipA for bringing this to my attention.

Message 3 of 3