x

creating items with multiple sets of color choices

Hi 

I'm new with square and its features but its not hard to figure them out 

I figured out how to use options and modifier sets but haven't quite figured out what custom attributes is used for and how to use it. 

What I'm trying to achieve is that I'm selling a physical piece of work of art that can be custom made and the choices are based on cardstock color choices.  Ideally just the color choice is fine but then I have light, medium and dark colors also then I need to ask the customer what color they want for each component (there are 4 components) here is what I have: 

We make rolled flowers out of cardstock that look like they are in mason jars or in a garden watering can (or whatever the customer really wants) with a word and the customer has a choice of having it put into a shadow box frame or not. 

Each major piece, the flowers, leaves, the jar/container, word are all color customizable.  There are 12 basic colors for each and there are light, medium and dark making it a total of 36 colors for EACH piece. 

How can I ask a customer what color they want for each? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you would need to create Option Sets.  I understand because I had a personalized item with several options making it difficult.  

Variations for the features that determine price.

Option Sets:

Light, Medium, Dark

12 colors

flower options

leave options

jar/container options

If you need to capture text for personalization, you can use Modifiers text box.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

HI, you would need to create Option Sets.  I understand because I had a personalized item with several options making it difficult.  

Variations for the features that determine price.

Option Sets:

Light, Medium, Dark

12 colors

flower options

leave options

jar/container options

If you need to capture text for personalization, you can use Modifiers text box.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 4

@Goldneye 

I think I understand what you're saying so do I make the color sets for each option set? 

Meaning do I put the colors in each set "light" "med" "dark"?  then add colors for the flower itself or what do I do? 

Each component needs the light/med/dark color sets to make up one whole item. 

Option Sets:

Light, Medium, Dark

12 colors

flower options

leave options

jar/container options
Message 3 of 4

HI, since you are the creator of the items you see the items in 3D.  You need to break each option down to list separately.

Make one option set

Light 

Medium

Dark

Another option set

color 1

color 2

color 3

etc

Another option set

flower 1

flower 2

flower 3

etc

Another option set

leaves 1

leaves 2

leaves 3

etc

Another option set

jar/container 1

jar/container 2

jar/container 3

etc

Within each option set is the Settings, be sure to select minimum requirement of 1 so it will be a required selection.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 4