x
Beta Member

customized Modifiers are not added automatically when scanning an item with a modifier?

The new updated Square register APP 6.17, caused The modifier option to popup even if you have a customized the modifier to an Item. Why was this added to this revision. for example before if we had a customized modifier it will be automatically added to the item once the item is scanned. Any idea if we can at least have an option to toggle that as well. (Logically, if we customize it, then automatically added, if not then you can give an option to add it, if someone else wanted this new change, at least make it an option)  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

For example, I found this comment is on the bottom of the modifier, 

"To change the default modifiers of an item, edit individual items in the Item Library section. Default modifiers will be automatically applied when you add the item to the cart." 

but it looks like it is a bug and this is not getting applied automatically 

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Newportwine  

This definitely sounds like a possible disruption to how the Default Modifiers feature works. Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Ok, I was able to get this fixed. It looks the new update made it a default to have the modifier page pop up with each sale. To skip that, we had to toggle the “Skip Modifier Screen on sale” for some reason I did not see that toggle until I suffered for a month … but I am glad now I can at least skip it. It was painful. 

Message 4 of 4