x

2 Square device

I had a contactless device but it got damp and stopped working. So I then used a swipe attached to my phone. Now I bought another contacless device again. Do I have to press the button with every transaction? It's not connecting. By using both, is it not working because of that? I've also found that some cards aren't able to catch in the swipe. Help!!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

More than likely your phone is still looking for the first contactless device, which is causing confusion with your new device. 

On your phone, go to Settings -> Card Readers. If you have any contactless reader listed here, tap it and choose to Forget this Device. I would do that with all your contactless readers. Then re-pair the good reader and you should be good to go. Also make sure your damaged reader isn't nearby: there may be just enough oomph left in it to try to pair itself again.

As for the swiper, there should be no issue having it connected as the same time as the reader.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

More than likely your phone is still looking for the first contactless device, which is causing confusion with your new device. 

On your phone, go to Settings -> Card Readers. If you have any contactless reader listed here, tap it and choose to Forget this Device. I would do that with all your contactless readers. Then re-pair the good reader and you should be good to go. Also make sure your damaged reader isn't nearby: there may be just enough oomph left in it to try to pair itself again.

As for the swiper, there should be no issue having it connected as the same time as the reader.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2