x

2nd generation square stand says card readers failed both the tap and insert. Any help? Only used

I only used the square stand for 1 day.  The card readers are not working.  Neither the tap or insert is recognizing the cards.  I've gone through the generic troubleshooting steps.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hey @Turkeybro.  Quick question.  When you enter a transaction and then press the pay button, do the lights on the right side of the Stand light up?  That would be a definite sign that your Stand has a hardware malfunction.

But, really, in any case this sounds like a hardware issue in your Stand.  I can not find anything that says there is a factory reset for them, so I guess there isn’t one.  It sounds like you’ll need to start a warranty claim.  Instructions can be found here.  

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2