x

An issue syncing a Square account with a new Square Online Store

To preface, this is a Free Account, giving this a try for a friend to see if it would work out for her.

I've created a Square account, and through it, created a Square online store (https://xyz.squaresite.site). I've imported her inventory via the Square Items Import method, and the inventory properly displays on the Square Dashboard->Items->Item Library.  The inventory is fairly extensive (~9k items), but appears to have imported correctly.

As I was informed that categories do not sync between Square and Square Online Store, I manually created the appropriate categories on the Square online store.  I also at a later time (after importing inventory to Square), discovered that apparently the option to import items as valid need to be enabled on Square Online Store.  So I clicked "Online Store" from the Square dashboard, which apparently brought me to the weebly.com (but Square branded) online store dashboard.  I went to the Settings->Square Sync option, and ensure that option 2, "Mark newly imported items as 'unavailable' online" was turned off.

After those steps, and it being ~24 hours later, I do not see anything in my Online Store->Items->Item Library.  It's empty, and says that I should add an item.  I expect that even had I been late to change the Square Sync Option, that I would see the items listed there as unavailable until they were manually enabled.

What am I doing incorrectly?  This is a Square account, with a Square created Square Website (as opposed to those created directly on Weebly, which I see do not sync with Square).  Is this because I'm testing this on a Free account, or is there some other option/issue? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@themaskedtester thanks for reaching out about this. The first thing that comes to mind when I see this is that it's possible your account is not fully activated. Make sure you fully fill out the information requested on the Home Page of your Dashboard (you will see a bell at the top). If you haven't completed the account set up, you may not be approved for credit card processing, which would keep your items from be listed as "for sale" online. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2