x
Beta Member

App crashes when trying to split an open ticket on occasion. Happened today for the second time.

One of my waitress's tried splitting an open ticket today and every time it would close the square app. She tried it on 3 different  devices with no luck. Any idea's on what might be causing this? It's the second time in a couple weeks it's happened.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Square Community Moderator

Hi @FKoelfgen

Sorry this is still happening to you. Have you walked through this with our CS Team directly? If you can walk through it and reproduce it they might be able to get this escalated for you to our Engineering team. 

The videos you've posted int he past have been a huge help in making the split ticket feature better, so give us a call when you get a chance and we'll help get this resolved completely. 

Message 22 of 26

This happens to me as well! Maybe 5-10 times per week! We have giant voids each time as my staff has to re-ring the ticket😕

Message 23 of 26

Just tagging to say this is still an issue on Square register almost 5 years later. We have many freeze, crashes that require a full reboot and order rering when trying to split a long ticket between cash and card.

The second attempt we ran the card portion first and it worked.

Message 24 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PeaceLoveCoffee  

Sorry to hear about your problems with Square Register. This isn't the experience we want you to have. Have you, by any chance completed our troubleshooting steps?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 26

Yep we have had calls with support. We have rebooted, we are in the latest release.

we have reset our entire register (which requires setting all of the hardware back up from scratch by the way) why the hardware config is not backed up in the registers is a major shortcoming.

so yeah, square is unable to provide a resolution or recommend a fix. When the customer is standing in front of us very frustrated that their entire transaction now has to be re-entered is not a time we call square for support.

Message 26 of 26