x

Appointment Booked (no show protection on) with card

Hello,

When customers book an appointment, they have to put a card on file to hold the appointment. I have it set to require a card and have no-show protection on. I then go to charge their card the day of their appointment and usually this works fine.

However, several times in the past week I will look at my appointments and it will say "Customer booked 4/17/20 with card ending in XXXX" or something like that. When I go to charge them the day of the appointment, it says there is no card on file and I have no way to charge them.

Is this intended behavior or a bug? I can see that they booked with a card, yet the card is not there and Take Payment prompts me to enter their card info. I've seen this happen several times over the years but it's happening more and more now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back, @drjay

Whenever you enable "no show protection", it doesn't allow you to charge unless the customer doesn't show up for their appointment with you.

There is an option for the customer to save their card on file for future services whenever they first make the appointment (it's a checkbox). If they don't check that box, then the card is ONLY used for the "no show protection" and would have to be swiped/manually entered. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi this is currently my situation. But in order to book you have to click the box . Even then a lot of my clients cards are still not saving on file 

Message 3 of 3