x

Appointments - Clients can't see their "upcoming" bookings

Hello!

I'm new to Appointments and I'm wondering is there is a lag between when an appointment is booked by admin and when it's available to be viewed by the client when they log in? Or have I made an incorrect setting somewhere?

I have booked a number of appointments for the same client and when they use their mobile number to log in, their "upcoming" says "You have no upcoming appointments" even though I can see there is one per month all the way to December 2019 as an admin.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you! I called yesterday. Clients cannot see any appointments when they log in using their cell# until they have booked something online themselves. Even if they book one thing then cancel, the entire year worth of appointments booked by the vendor then show up in their "upcoming".  I suppose it makes sense, why would a client need to have control of appointments they didn't book themselves? They have made note of the feature request. Apparently I'm not the first to call on this issue. 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HairyHobby

Once your customer books with you, they should be able to view both past and upcoming appointments when they sign in to their customer account. 

My first thought is that they might have a duplicate profile perhaps. Can you rule this out?

Message 2 of 13

Thats what I thought too! Thank you! I did check for duplicates, but I have none.

Then I thought maybe it's because the clients are all imported? So I made a new customer and booked him for Feb 1, 2019 and he can't see any upcoming appointment either? He was able to use email links to change his appointment, and can save it to his calendar. But still can't see it in "upcoming". Lastly I wondered if it was because after booking these services through 2019, I changed the price from "blank" to "starting at", but the Feb 1st appointment was booked after the change was made. My settings are made to allow each service to be booked online, clients are allowed to cancel/reschedule, approval is not required before appointments are accepted. I'm stumped.

Message 3 of 13

That sounds strange, and very frustrating @HairyHobby

The best course of action here is to give our Appointments CS Team a call directly and we can test some things with you and try to replicate what you're seeing. 

If there's an underlying issue causing this, we might need to have our Engineering team dig into this as well. 

Message 4 of 13

Best Answer

Thank you! I called yesterday. Clients cannot see any appointments when they log in using their cell# until they have booked something online themselves. Even if they book one thing then cancel, the entire year worth of appointments booked by the vendor then show up in their "upcoming".  I suppose it makes sense, why would a client need to have control of appointments they didn't book themselves? They have made note of the feature request. Apparently I'm not the first to call on this issue. 🙂

Message 5 of 13

Can clients view scheduled appointments if they did not schedule them and I (square owner) did? How can I resend all upcoming appointments to clients? I already have reminders set for a week and a day before but I have many clients who schedule for the year and would like to be able to see them all at once to transfer calendars. I have been taking a screenshot and sending what I see on my end but then they cannot automatically add to calendar. 

Message 6 of 13

Hi @JenellKBW,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Check out the answers in the thread above. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

This still doesn't work. 

Message 8 of 13
Alumni

@ BLGC Reach out to the Appointments Team for further assistance. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 13

This still isn’t an option. Square users have been asking for this since 2019 and clients still cannot view their appointments online unless they book online which most of my clients don’t. 

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

I agree this is extremely frustrating. Even guests that book online struggle to view and cancel/reschedule if they have deleted the text/email confirmations.

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

I just googled this issue once again, 4 years later in hopes of finding a different answer, only to find my own thread. Apparently nothing has changed.  

Message 12 of 13

Why do clients have to book online to view upcoming appointments? This is such an inconvenience when clients don't book online!!!! this needs to get fixed!!!!

Message 13 of 13