x

Bank Verification

My bank account shows the verification payments recieved but bank account is still not verified on square. Why is this?

Message 1 of 37
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Gerald1492

Bank verification is a little tricky. It can take up to 4 business days for the entire verification process to complete. It's a lot of back and forth communication with the bank. Have you seen a credit, then debit of $0.01 to your bank account? 

This is an initial step in our bank verification process, which allows us to ensure that we can communicate with your bank. Right now, any payments you take are accumulating in your Square balance. Once the verification is complete, they will be deposited into your bank account. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Hi there, @lacallestudio 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Would you mind clarifying the specific issue you are encountering in the verification process?

The verification process can take up to 4 business days to complete. If we have not received a failure notice from your bank after the 4th day, we assume the verification has been successful.

Then, we automatically send you an email notice that your bank account has successfully verified. Sometimes we receive the verification failure notice a few days after we’ve already informed you of the successful verification.

At this point, you may need to re-enter your bank account information and be sure you have at least $1.00 in your account to cover the small verification withdrawal.

In case you run into trouble, check out our bank-specific troubleshooting tips and directions on linking your bank account in our Support Center.

Joe
Message 22 of 37

Square can barely keep their software running let alone connect to other banks. It seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting their bank verified. Funny thing, while this is all happening they get to use our money for free.

Message 23 of 37

Lemony12, you're not kidding! They keep increasing the fees too. Starting to p*ss me off! 

I used my card for gas 3×- I ran as debit payment, and have also used tap pay; both using my PIN. They still hold $100 in pending stage for 7days! WTH?

Message 24 of 37

Square successfully deposited and debited $.01 to my bank account. My bank shows the transactions were fully completed. Yet I received the following message in an email from Square:

Your bank verification failed because we were unable to communicate with your bank. Please contact your bank for more information or link a different account.

Additionally, the email contained a link: "Retry Bank Verification", which unhelpfully took me to a page that said:

You are not authorized to perform the requested action. You probably don't have the right permissions.

Meanwhile, I've manually initiated the verification process again, but I won't be surprised if the deposit and debit goes through and the verification fails again.

Can you please shed any light on this for me?

Message 25 of 37
Admin

Hmmm. Is it a checking or a savings bank account @prwirth? Additionally, please take a look at this Support Center article.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 26 of 37

Hi Isabelle, it's a checking account.

I've read through the support center article, and the troubleshooting article, as well as several threads here about verification.  Nothing has helped so far.

Message 27 of 37
Admin

Is it an online-only checking account @prwirth

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 28 of 37

No, it's not.

Message 29 of 37
Admin

Okay, please give our Support Team a call @prwirth

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 30 of 37

Hi Isabelle, it's a checking account. I've read through the support center article, and the troubleshooting article, as well as several threads here about verification.

Message 31 of 37

What info does square need when verification of your Bank account?

Thomas E Cosgrove
Message 32 of 37

Hi @Cheesecake1 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 33 of 37

Hi! I have entered my bank info and it says my account was verified 07/17. It's now 08/24, and I'm still receiving an email that says today is my last day to verify my account?

Message 34 of 37

Hi @kenandco44,

I noticed this is your first post, welcome to our community 😊

You can check if your bank account has been linked successfully in your dashboard under Account & Settings > Account > Bank Accounts. There's no time limit for linking a bank account to your Square account. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 35 of 37

Hi @CraigFChriste Welcome to the community 

Square's bank account verification process has a few different steps, the $.01 payments to ensure that your account is transnational is just one of them. Square has to also verify with your bank that the information that you provided aligns with the information that the bank has for you to ensure that your payments are always sent to the correct place. For this reason, the bank verification process can take the full 3-5 business days to be complete. 

Learn more about the Square bank verification process here: http://squ.re/BankFAQ

Ria
Message 36 of 37

My bank account shows the verification payments recieved but bank account is still not verified on square. Why is this?
I have received $0.01 in bank account but square still says bank Failed 08/18/2021, I add another bank account also get $0.01 but square can't be very successful.
How can I confirm my bank account so I can transfer money back.

Message 37 of 37