x

Can I link a netspend account to my Square account?

I have a netspend account and I just tried to link that account to my square account so I could actually accept payments and the message I am getting is "Routing number is not supported". I would really like to be able to use my card reader so I can accept something other than cash payments for my business and also make it easier on my customers. If anybody has any suggestions on what I could do to connect the two accounts I would appreciate if you would tell me. Thank you

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3896-link-and-edit-your-bank-account

You must link a transactional Bank account not a debit card or online only bank account.

on your check you can see the numbers you must enter.

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 9.16.06 AM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Netspend has a business card that you can link a pay anywhere card reader too..they also have less fees than squarew.. i am switchingf now for the very reasonb on the bank acct.. like i said.. it is a business card.. not for personal use..

Message 22 of 25

Hello!

So Netspend has an app AND a card reader that functions like Square? Is it compatible with Square Cash (CashApp) to link the card to?

Message 23 of 25

Why can't I use my NetSpend business account as a bank?

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @RedHead83 and welcome to the Seller Community.

Online banks aren't currently supported with our system at this time. Only brick-and-mortar bank accounts. 

Really sorry for the inconvenience this may cause and we're always working to make more banks compatible. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 25