x
Square Champion

Can a Cycle Count of Inventory be done through the Dashboard?

I see we can use Square For Retail and an Ipad to do cycle counts and use a Barcode scanner.

Issues with this are:

1) Only one Barcode scanner works with Square and an Ipad for Bluetooth.  We use USB scanners at our POS.

2) Not going to take our Square Stands around to count inventory.

3) I use 2D barcodes which the Ipads do not natively recognize the Aztec barcode that we use..Ipad camera for use is useless with our Barcodes.  The Ipad Camera works with items that come in with 1D Barcodes.

Now I could use Chromebooks with our USB Cordless Scanners and do the inventory Cycle but can not find a way to do this through the Square Dashboard.  I have actually slowly been doing this to a GoogleSheet but thought if I can do it in Square that would be better.

Any ideas?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Candlestore!

If you are on your online Square Dashboard, please try to click Items > Inventory Management > Stock Counts. Click a cycle count that has a Completed status, please let me know if that works for you 🙂 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

@Ellie_ ;

No that does not help me because, I have 2 cycle counts in my Square account. Both are not complete of all Inventory items and when I search for an item not listed it is not shown there.  I was using QuickBooks for counting but with them changing everything to online and their pricing I went to an older version of Quickbooks and now wanted to try Squares Cycle counts.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Ok, thank you for more of the context and information! I am going to reach out to a team member about this to double-check if this is available, and will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4