x
Super Seller

Can't Redeem a Loyalty Reward

I discovered a issue with Loyalty Rewards being redeemed. It seems that the system isn't recognizing our customers Loyalty Rewards. When you search the Reward to be redeemed, it says Not Found. Even though they do in deed have a Reward. Customers are still receiving Stars for purchases, we can't Redeem a reward, even with a code.

Anyone else having this problem?

This currently seems to be a know issue that Square is working on.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Yes our coffee shop is experiencing this exact same issue.

1) customers are still receiving stars, although when they accrue a reward they are not notified by text

2) when we look up a customer (by phone, by name, by anything) we find their profile, but no rewards. This happens for people who we KNOW for certain have rewards accrued.

3) When we search for a reward, we get that 'no reward found' screen. For everyone.

Square -- please take a peek at what's going on here and keep us updated -- Our customers get grumpy quick when they can't redeem their rewards, and get scared/conspiratorial when we can't find out where their rewards went!!! 

Message 2 of 5

Hello @perkits and @coffeebreak101, thank you for bringing this up! 

We were experiencing some issues with loyalty rewards not redeeming over the past 24 hours. This issue has been resolved, so you will now be able to redeem customers rewards. We are sorry for any confusion or distrust this has caused. From a customers stand point, we can see that it looks dishonest when a seller can't redeem a reward. Our goal is to never put you in this position. Our Engineering and Support Teams are hard at work to improve the system. 

If you have any questions or are still experiencing this issue please let me know. I will keep an eye out for any replies. 

Message 3 of 5

Having issues with something similar!  Customers are showing they have a reward and I know they do.. I try to redeem it and it says invalid.  I have several rewards I need to go in and redeem because I have given the customers their reward so they do not get angry!  I pay 25 a month at each location and this is aggravating.  WE love square I just need to know what to do to resolve this problem asap! 

Message 4 of 5

Hello @bvs2, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble redeeming customers rewards. That definitely isn't the experience we want you to have. This thread was originally in response to an outage back in June. 

At any point did you delete the reward from your item library and then added it back under the same name?  This has been known to cause an issue with redeeming rewards. 

I recommend reaching out to our Loyalty Support Team as soon as you can. They will be able to take a closer look into your account and get to the root of this issue! 😃

Message 5 of 5