x

Can't create price points AND have a searchable register?

You can see an example of what I'm about to explain, here:  https://squareup.com/store/hiltabidel  (I may use a work around there until I get this corrected, IF I can get it corrected -- so I've attached a picture here.)  Look at "Lemons" vs. all other products.  

I want customers to be able to click on a photo and then have size choices.  That appears to be possible if in my inventory, the name of the product is the same for all four sizes of image that I offer.  For example, if I offer a picture named "Boats" with four sizes, I list "Boats" in inventory four times -- each with a different variant name (5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 16x20).

However... the SKU must be in the "Item Name" in order to search and find it while using the register app.  If the SKU is not in the "Item Name" field as part of the name, it will not be found.  

But each SKU must be different.  So if I take a product like "LEMONS" and give four products the "Item name" of Lemons, it looks like crap on the website (a separate product with identical picture for four different items) because each has an individual SKU.

So... it looks like I can have EITHER a presentable website with four size options per product OR a searchable product list in the register app -- but NOT both.  Suggestions?

Update:  Are the online items only grouped if they are in the same category??  If so... I have to show one photograph 3x if I want 5 mat sizes (same category) and a piece of glass (diff category) and a canvas (diff category) of the same image.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @jhiltabidel, apologies I didn't spot your post sooner. I took a look at your store and see that you were able to set you various price points for each item - are you having any other issues in regards to this? 

To your last, updated point: Your items in the online store will be sorted by the 'Section' they are added to, not the Category saved in the Item Library. Check out our Support Center article for more info on setting up your sections and store layout. 

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 4

I was able to set price points - and as a trade off, I can't search by SKU.  In order to search by SKU, the SKU must be part of the item name.  But to do that would mean no more grouping items online.  So m exploring Shopify which makes this incredibly easy.

Message 3 of 4
Square

Ah, I see. That's correct, @jhiltabidel.

At the moment anyways, searching by SKU isn’t available in the Square app. It is something we're working on, but I don’t have a specific timeline for when this will happen.

Message 4 of 4