x

Cash Drawer no longer opens on cash sales in latest app upgrade

I just added a second POS with exact same hardware as my first POS, including printer and cash drawer purchased from Square. I could not get the cash drawer to open automatically after cash sale as my first one has always done. I tried all the troubleshooting steps then suggest and was pulling my hair out trying to solve. But then my FIRST system also stopped opening the cash drawer. I also noticed that the ability to push the $0.00 in lower right no longer opens cash drawer. I'm OK with you guys change this in the app, but I'm wondering if the coder who removed that feature also screwed up the auto drawer open. Should I roll back to a previous version of the app? Is that even possible. If not, can you RUSH an upgrade to fix this problem
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@purplebutterfly Very sorry to hear that your cash drawers stopped functioning, that certainly shouldn't be happening. We haven't heard other reports of this issue but it would be great if you could call our CS team so we can investigate further.

It sounds like you've already completed the cash drawer troubleshooting steps but they'll need more information about your current set up for each system (if different). Additionally, if you have a video of the cash drawers not opening they'll be able to share that with our engineering team too. 

One last thing - you haven't mentioned what devices you're running the Point of Sale app on, but if you're using iPads a new version of the iOS app was just released yesterday (version 4.99). Updating might help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I tried once more to do the troubleshooting steps. It seems that reversing the cable was the trick. Odd. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for your patience @purplebutterfly and for running through the steps again, I'm glad to hear that did the trick! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4