x

Customers are not getting my invoices

When I create and email an invoice, I get a copy of the invoice in my email inbox, but the client never gets it.  I have to go to the actual invoice myself and use the drop down menu to copy the link to the invoice and then email that link to the client.  I don't know what changed.  There was a problem until a few months ago.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

I am having the same problem. I send and resend invoices and the customers do not get them.

Message 2 of 31

I'm having the same problem right now. Was there a fix for this??

Message 3 of 31
Square

It sounds like your customers email inboxes may be sorting your invoices into their spam folders. Square Invoices are sent from an automatic server, some spam detectors may think that the Square Invoices are in fact spam and routes them into spam instead of sending them into your customer's inboxes. 

Have your customers double check their spam folder, if they are still not receiving those invoices check out this thread to get in contact with our Support Team.

Message 4 of 31

I'm having this problem with Yahoo mail. It worked the first time, but the second invoice isn't going to customers email address

Message 5 of 31

Hey @onedesigntalk, welcome to the Seller Community! This is an interesting issue. 

I recomend heading to your invoices tab and checking the spelling of the email address on each invoice. If they match, then the next step is to have the customer reach out to Yahoo to see if there is an issue with their inbox. 

Please let me know how it goes. 😀

Message 6 of 31

I found a work around this issue. Login to your desk top browser panel and find the invoice then click the share button to get the direct link to the invoice. Then I just text message the link to the customer. It worked , he payed 🙂

Message 7 of 31

That's great to hear @onedesigntalk! Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Message 8 of 31

Brilliant, thank you!

Message 9 of 31

No. It's been a few years and I still have to email clients to check spam folders etc

Message 10 of 31

I've been having the same issue since April. Please fix this Square! It's not only annoying, but unprofessional 

Message 11 of 31

Hello @Johnv, if your customers are not receiving your Invoices I recommend having them reach out to their email provider. You can view the activity on your Invoices from your Square Dashboard. We can notify you if a customer has viewed an invoice or if it was delivered. 

Message 12 of 31

This is still a problem please fix it period every single email invoice I sent out is not received by the customer it is not in their Spam box or their junk mail for the money that you charge and take out of each invoice that is paid I would think you can fix this problem

Message 13 of 31
Admin

Sorry to hear that you're still encountering trouble with this, @creativeobx. If the suggested troubleshooting tips don't resolve this, please let our Customer Success Team know. They'll be able to take a deeper dive into any other possible solutions. Hope this helps clear things up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 14 of 31

I too am having this issue. Neither Gmail nor Hotmail are receiving invoices sent by email through the Square Dashboard.  I will make do sending out texts for the time being, but this needs fixing.

It sounds like the Square mailserver has been automatically blacklisted by these email providers, since the emails aren't even making it to local spam folders. Square needs to contact these providers and make the necessary adjustments so that its own mailservers meet the best practice requirements of the email hosts.  It is not appropriate to tell your clients to call up Hotmail/Yahoo etc and get them to fix the problem for you - the problem is almost certainly with the configuration/hosting of YOUR mail servers.

Sorry for the angry rant 😕

Message 15 of 31
Alumni

Hi @bnorris1996 - We have had a problem with our email servers over the last few weeks and some sellers have found resolution by calling in to our team to fix the problem on our side. I apologize for this since I know how frustrating it is to have unsent invoices. 

Please keep us updated on whether you're able to get this resolved by calling in!

Message 16 of 31

Hi

Your link directs me to the generic help page, which asks me to search for a solution and does not present me with a phone number to call, per your previous support message. Honestly, this is poor service. If I must make a call to resolve this issue, surely it is not unreasonable for you to provide me with the best number to do this here - must I really hunt around for the right number to call AFTER you have already conceded a problem at your end? Please, give me the number of who I should call, not a generic link. 

Message 17 of 31
Alumni

Hi @bnorris1996- Sorry - I was just trying to be helpful since you have to go through that contact flow to get your customer code. That link includes instructions with how to go through the contact flow so that the 1-855 number and your code appears at the end. 

We don't post the 1-855 number without that flow so that sellers don't get frustrated by placing a call and then not being able to get through since they don't have their code ready. 

Message 18 of 31

Righto. I'll give it a go then. Thanks.

Message 19 of 31

I have just started having this problem too. Customers that I have sent invoices to for over a year with no problem are now not receiving my invoices. They are not in their spam filters. As soon as I hit send, I view my list of invoices and it's already in Red and lavbeled Undeliverable. It happens instantly It's as if the Square mailserver has been blacklisted. These are NOT hotmail or yahoo or gmail addresses. Again, these are people I have invoiced as recently as a month ago with no issues. Now suddenly my invoices aren't going anywhere. Yes, I can copy and paste the link and send that to the client, but that's now an extra step I have to take. I may have to switch CC processors if this keeps up. Any ideas what I can do to get this resolved??????

Message 20 of 31
Alumni

Hi @djoe - Sorry for this frustrating experience. I recommend you give our Customer Success team a call to get this resolved. They'll be able to look into this for you in more depth and hopefully get your invoices deliverable again.

go to this link https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

click other

click I Don't See My Issue

Click Call Support

write down your customer code

call 855-700-6000

Message 21 of 31