x

Dashboard not loading on iPad

We've been accessing out dashboard thru Safari on two iPad's for months without issue. Now out of nowhere, nothing will load in the dashboard. Square tech support has been worryingly unhelpful. They told us to clear cache, restart internet, etc, but it's not that. We switched to Chrome and it's the same issue. 

Does anyone have any idea of what to do? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Hmm, we haven't received reports of Dashboard being unable to load on mobile devices. Could be your device. Have you tried other devices? You try updating the browser version? Is iOS up to date? If not, make sure you restart after updating. 

@OstMerc

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13

We’ve tried every suggestion from Square. This started on Thursday of last week. Two iPads. And a laptop only works sporadically. 

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Hey @OstMerc-

Is this occurring on more than one device? If you provide me with a screenshot, I can file a ticket with our Engineering Team to investigate. Let me know! 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 13

Yes. It's on two iPads and sometimes my laptop. It's been since last Thursday so we already have a ticket created. We would appreciate anyone following up and providing us with help. Is there an advanced tech support who can call us? At the point we have orders piling up because the Create An Item screen is so unresponsive. 

Message 5 of 13
Admin

What is the exact error message you're receiving and do you think you could reply in this thread with a screenshot @OstMerc

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 13

It's not an error message. I've sent video to two support people. I can send you video if you give an email.

The problem is that when we select Create An Item, it takes up to several minutes to load and then the fields within the page take minutes once selected. It's like it freezes. So we can't type or select any drop down items with in the Create An Item page. 

We've cleared the cache, browser history, downloaded the newest version of Chrome... 

Message 7 of 13
Admin

Filing a ticket with our Engineering Team now. @OstMerc, just so I know, are you able to create an item within the POS app? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 13

Thanks! We can create items within the POS but it doesn't give us an option to add a vendor or the item cost. If we could enter all the same details with the POS that would be great. 

Message 9 of 13
Admin

I'll let you know when I have an update from Engineering @OstMerc.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 13
Admin

Hi @OstMerc!

They rolled out a fix today. Can you test it? 

Thanks and let me know!

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 13

Hi! Can you help again? We're having the same problem. It was working fine after you did the fix. 

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @OstMerc

Stepping in for Isabelle on this one. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to get this working again? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13