x

Default Unit Cost not updating in the Items Catalog Report

So, I have been adding new inventory thru the POS and replacing old unit costs with new unit costs as needed. I would go to the item, then to the manage stock screen - stock action - stock recieved -  and type in the # of new stock, and update the unit cost as needed.  I can see that in the Item History Report the updated unit costs are used to calculate the total cost of the items, great!  However, when I export the Items Catalog, the Default Unit Costs remain the old costs.  Even considering FIFO (first in first out), all the old stock items have been sold for months and I have been adding new stock for months with the new costs, and still the Catalog Report shows the outdated unit costs.  Where can I export an inventory report with current/updated unit costs? thank you for your help       

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @HAD

Whenever you run the report, are you using a date range that would include the old pricing? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Kassi, sorry for the lag in reply... I finally figured out how to get back here 🙂  Anyway, the report I was referring to is the inventory export (Items-Item Library-Actions-Export Library).  There is a column named "Default Unit Cost" in this inventory export.  The costs listed in this column are outdated.  For example, I have an item that cost $3.75 last year, but as of December of 2022, the cost of this item had gone up to $6.29, so since December I have been adding this item into my inventory with the new cost of $6.29 for over 5 months now.  As of just now, I exported the library, this item still has a "Default Unit Cost" of $3.75.  Could you help?

Wendy 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @HAD stepping in for @Kassi_ while she is out. For this inquiry, it will be best to reach out to our Square Retail Support Team at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

In order to get a better idea of what is going on we will need to look into your item library and account settings. Also, if needed they can file a ticket. For account security, we cannot dive into those details here or file tickets. 

If you need anything else though please reach back out! 

Message 4 of 4