x

Device isn’t reading location using my iphone

My device works with my iPad but won’t read location when I attempt to use my iPhone?? Location shows that it’s on in settings but weirdly wont let me change settings. It’s light green instead of dark green? Clearly I am not tech savvy. Thanks for any help 🙂

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@Monbue Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having using the reader with your iPhone! Can you reply here to let me know exactly what error message you're seeing?

It sounds like you might need to enable the geo-location permission for the Square app from your iPhone's settings:

1. From your iPhone home screen tap Settings (it's the grey gear icon).
  2. Scroll all the way down and tap Square
  3. Tap Location > select Always.

Alternatively, if you haven't taken any payments in offline mode recently, you could delete and reinstall the app. When you reinstall the app, sign in and you'll be prompted to enable device settings like this:

Tap on each permission and then tap Start Using Point of Sale.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 4

Trying to manually change  ,keeps declined sale saying location not found.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Petrina this sounds like a location setting needs to be set on your phone. You may also need to restart your phone to get the location to set. 

I've merged your post with an existing thread where you will also find other tips for getting your location set up on your device. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4