x

Disabling Square Assistant?

I have toggled the square assistant off everywhere possible, but it is still working. I never elected to use this, and I have had no luck getting it to stop.

Any suggestions? It's driving everyone crazy. 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Admin

Hey @jessica_rose! 🌹 

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you've followed these steps:

Navigate to the Settings tab of your Appointments Dashboard. Select Communications and turn off the Square Assistant toggle.

What Square Assistant features are you still seeing available? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 30

i am not the original poster but i do NOT want clients messaging me through the app.

i have a business line and don’t want or need communications in multiple places.

i have square assistant turned off yet i keep getting messages through the app and not my business line and it’s insanity.

Message 3 of 30

I won hundred percent agree with you! This feature is driving me crazy! The last thing I need is one more place for customers to contact me, yet no matter how hard I try I cannot seem to disable this feature.

Message 4 of 30

see my last post 😊

Message 5 of 30

100% (ugh...talk to text fail!)

Message 6 of 30

when i spoke with square support they said disabling square messaging is not a feature at this time…hopefully soon! 

i did just get an email about a developer Q&A…i asked for the ability to disable lol

Message 7 of 30

I have been having this issue ever since Assistant was put into effect.  Why put ANOTHER point of contact with the customer? We already are having to monitor/receive messages from every social media account, phone, fax, mail, smoke signal.. and now Square Assistant. This was implemented without the ability to disable.. why?!

Message 8 of 30

see my last post on this thread 😊

Message 9 of 30

I, too, have asked for this feature to be disabled but told by Square CS that it couldn’t be. 100% of the time a customer has “replied to message the business” I cannot tell who they actually are (what in-house order they correspond to). It is hugely frustrating!

Message 10 of 30

(it won't let me tag individuals that's why i solution bombed everyone 😂)

Message 11 of 30

This is infuriating and will be the reason I leave Square. This is the absolute worst.

Message 12 of 30
Beta Member

Me too. This is just wrong.

Message 13 of 30

Message 14 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for clarifying @Electrician - I'm sorry, at this time, Square messaging can't be turned off. I've merged this onto a thread where we're tracking this request 🙂

Message 15 of 30
Beta Member

Merge?  You deleted it.

Message 16 of 30

Message 17 of 30

Still an issue and even worse…now the messages are going to my employees’ phones. This is a nightmare. 

Message 18 of 30

Hey @jessica_rose 

I am sorry to hear that this has become a problem for you.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 30

I have  I’m told my settings are correct and they don’t know why it’s happening 

Message 20 of 30

Hey there @jessica_rose

Just wanted to let you know that I have escalated this issue over to our team for their visibility. They should be contacting you soon to gather any additional details on the case.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 30