x
Beta Member

Email collections

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone else had this problem and how they fixed it. I am trying to collect email addresses on my Square for Retail on my Square Register. The top photo is what I see on my Register, the bottom photo is how Square has told me to fix it. Clearly, the fix wont work, because the customer field is not present (along with several other important fields). Im tired of trying to contact Square. I was transferred at least 9 times today with no success. Has anyone dealt with this before, and how did you fix it?

Sincerely,

Steph

My ScreenMy Screen

What I was told to findWhat I was told to find

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @ArcaneMoonLLC thanks for your post. Are you using Loyalty or Marketing? There is a small note that says that if you have those enabled, the email collection screen will not appear. I use Square POS and I have never had an email collection screen automatically show up (but I also use Loyalty or Marketing so that may be why).

You can manually Add a Customer to a sale, and if you have a customer facing screen, they can add their name and email (and other info) right on the customer facing screen. But you have to initiate creating or editing a customer.  From the right side of the checkout screen, you should see Add Customer to click on.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I actually signed up for loyalty and marketing in order to get email collections activated. The email collections options was not there before I signed up for marketing or loyalty. According to every link, one should be able to collect email addresses via Square for Retail:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5346-get-started-with-square-marketing?utm_medium=web&utm_so...

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3952-create-a-loyalty-program-with-square#

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@ArcaneMoonLLCI also would like the option for the screen to show up and prompt customers to collect email address; I cannot explain why this doesn't show up but maybe another seller or community member may have another answer.

I do know that if someone uses a credit card that is already in the Square system...where they paid for merchandise at another Square seller's store, then that email address is already in the Square system. That email (while you may not be able to see the whole email address in your customer list) is available to you in your marketing campaigns. You would select a subset of customers called Instant Profile.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 3.44.24 PM.png

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Yes, Im aware that email collections in another location will show up, but Im interested in collecting email in my location. This seems like a software issue to me, but maybe someone else has a different experience and could give insight. Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @ArcaneMoonLLC

Sorry, you are running into issues collecting emails at the end of the sale. I am happy to assist. 

I just want to confirm at the end of the sale you do not see this prompt below.

I am sure you have checked this, but is the app up to date? In the Point of Sale application if you do a test payment does it show you an email collection screen at the end of the sale? 

Message 6 of 6