x

Emailed receipts not working from checkout?

Using the iPAD app, I enter customer info, including name, phone # and email address during checkout.

Email receipts are not being received (I am testing still, so these small transactions are using my email address for test purposes).

If I go into transactions, pick the transaction, I can send the email receipt there and it works.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @rmmotos 👋 Thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you.

I think we can help clarify here. The customer information entered by the Seller at the time of transaction is not used for sending receipts, but rather it is collected and stored in the Customer Directory for potential future correspondences outside of Square.

Customer Receipt information is regulated by the customer themselves - meaning that they opt into receiving receipts, as well as choosing which email the receipt goes to. When you select the transaction > resend receipt, this will use the previously stored email address that the customer provided to resend a copy of the transaction receipt

I hope this info was helpful! Feel free to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @rmmotos 👋 Thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you.

I think we can help clarify here. The customer information entered by the Seller at the time of transaction is not used for sending receipts, but rather it is collected and stored in the Customer Directory for potential future correspondences outside of Square.

Customer Receipt information is regulated by the customer themselves - meaning that they opt into receiving receipts, as well as choosing which email the receipt goes to. When you select the transaction > resend receipt, this will use the previously stored email address that the customer provided to resend a copy of the transaction receipt

I hope this info was helpful! Feel free to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2