x

Epson U220B kitchen printer prints multiple duplicates on longer tickets.

For some reason, our kitchen printer, Epson U220B, prints duplicate tickets when a ticket is longer than approx. 10". The only way to get it to stop is to unplug the unit. It's usually during busy times when it happens. Then we invariably lose a ticket or two because of it being unplugged. Very inconvenient! What can be done to fix?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Yes, for a company that tries to impress you with their support, this is awful. I have determined the best way to deal with any issues is to take the time, and experiment, and try to fix them myself. Unfortunately, this is one I cannot fix. They should devote a team of people on this issue until they get it fixed. Maybe send some techies out to locations having this issue and renain until they get it fixed.

Message 22 of 25

Again, I wish you the best of luck. If you have any success with square please let me know. But in all my attempts to have this resolved, I’d be better off talking to a rock!

Message 23 of 25
Admin

Hi everyone, Helen from the Community team here.

I just wanted to let you know that our engineering team is working to fix this issue as we speak. I don't have an estimated date for when this issue will be resolved but I'll  update this thread to let you know of any updates as soon as they're available. I'm really sorry for the frustration this causes in the meantime and thanks for flagging this.

As mentioned by @Magills08 this issue only impacts tickets printed from Square on iOS devices and does not affect tickets printed from the Square Register, or from Android devices. @michaellucca Have you had any issues since you switched to a Star Micronics printer? 

I sorry that the workaround that was shared isn't feasible, I know you're all busy and just want to run your businesses as efficiently as possible. I really appreciate your patience and for coming back here to let us know how it's impacting you directly. I'll be back as soon as I have any news.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 24 of 25

Thank you for your response. Good to know something is being tried.

Message 25 of 25