x
Super Seller

Error Message Checkout

I've had a few customers today saying they are receiving an error message when they check out. It says "an error has occurred, please try again." I'm afraid I'm missing out on orders because people aren't ordering. I have yet to replicate the problem so I'm not sure what's happened. They try different browsers, different devices, different cards, but they still get that message. 

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sugarlab,

Really sorry to hear your customers are getting this error.

I personally haven't seen any other reports of this so it might be best to contact our direct CS team who can take a closer look with you and file a ticket if need be.

I won't be able to do anything further here from the Community as it's intended for seller to seller conversation. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

This is rare for us but has happened. Today its completely shut down my friend's store. It has to do with a customers saved information. They need to checkout as a guest and/or click "Delete my saved information" at the bottom of the checkout page. 

Shocked all these reps saying they've never heard of this lol. Just search, maybe?

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I think this is a 'cookie' problem - every time I do a live test run, unless I delete the my web history/cookies first, it always come up 'error'. You will always note that when you go to buy an item from your site on a second visit, the previous address you used is automatically displayed. Even if you try to change it it still comes up 'error' message in checkout/cart window until you delete stored cookies.

This is a dangerous fault as if its happening with your customers they will never return unless you make them aware to delete cookies, and that is assuming they know how to do so!!!!

Message 4 of 4