x

Error msg: "Couldn't pair. Check settings for this device and try again.

Hi, Getting the error msg above.  I have deleted and redownloaded square app on two different devices.  When I try to connect via bluetooth, it recognizes square readers, but will not pair.  It asks me to check settings?  Please help!  

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I don't know what type of device you are using but I also have been having this problem a lot lately. I have an Android phone. The last two times I did the following which worked. I rebooted the phone. Went to settings. Clicked on Bluetooth to bring up the additional settings. Checked the box that Make Phone Visible and the box to do this always. then Pushed the button on  Square reader until it flashed orange. On the phone I then told it to search for devices. The phone then paired with the reader. When I went back to the Square app, it found the reader with no problem. I can't say if this will work for you.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

I don't know what type of device you are using but I also have been having this problem a lot lately. I have an Android phone. The last two times I did the following which worked. I rebooted the phone. Went to settings. Clicked on Bluetooth to bring up the additional settings. Checked the box that Make Phone Visible and the box to do this always. then Pushed the button on  Square reader until it flashed orange. On the phone I then told it to search for devices. The phone then paired with the reader. When I went back to the Square app, it found the reader with no problem. I can't say if this will work for you.

Message 2 of 7

You are brilliant!  It worked for me.  Thank you for writing in! 

Message 3 of 7

Just got a Google pixel and couldn't get it to sync, your suggestion worked thank you

Message 4 of 7

I get this error at least once per day. I don’t know if it’s because other users are logged in to square in other devices? It usually resolves itself after some time. It is so frustrating. 

Message 5 of 7

Further.. if I hit try again it ends up adding it as many times. So it identifies duplicates it. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @disneygator 👋

We recommend checking to make sure that both your app and your mobile device itself are up-to-date. If everything looks good there, you'll want to reach out.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our Support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7