x
Beta Member

Error with online menu

A customer emailed recently that when they access our Square menu online (through the Order Online button) using Safari on an iphone the category comes up blank. When I test on my computer using Chrome I don't have an issue. Can someone help me figure out why this is happening on some browsers.

The first image is from the customer showing me the screen shot on her iphone. The second picture is from my computer on Chrome.

square error.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-24 at 2.13.05 PM.png

Would love to figure this out as I am afraid we are missing sales by items not appearing on the online menu.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

HI, thank you for sharing your screenshot and link.  I did review on Safari and Chrome on desktop and on iPhone.  

Whole Cakes and Show Us Some Love display as not having any items.  In the Editor, you can review how the other Categories settings are setup.  If you are still not able to get them to display, please share a screenshot of Whole Cakes Category within the Online Dashboard so I can see what the settings are.  

More findings, I see on iPhone that you have banner images but on Safari and Chrome they are not loading.  I am Old School person here, and on landing on your site to search for Whole Cakes, I was confused in that I did not see a link to Whole Cakes.  I did click around and found that your Order Now button takes the customer to the Menu Category Page, this is where a customer should initially see on your site.

My 3 cents. 

1 cent - The Order Now button takes me to the Menu Category page, this would be the best Home Page since it displays all you offer.    

1 cent -  More, has a drop down of Contact and About.  The Contact can be added as a Section to the Home Page.  The About can be added as a Section to the Home Page.

1 cent  - Then by removing the More with the dropdown you could add the Shop All back to the header navigation so it would be easier for customers to see all that you offer in one glance.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Thank you for responding. I wasn't able to add screen shots here. I don't see anything that would indicate a difference based on browser.

Message 3 of 10

HI, it is not a browser issue.  Please share a screenshot when you can.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

The Square system isn't allowing me to add an image to a reply. so not sure how to do this without creating a new thread.

Message 5 of 10

HI, that is strange.  OK, let's see how we can review what is going on. 

Let's try this.

The main Category should have 0 items with all the items listed in the subcategory.

Screenshot shows Faith has 2 items with no subcategories.

Holidays has 0 items because the items are within their holiday.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 2.38.46 PM.png

Is this something that could be happening with Whole Cakes and Show Us Some Love?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

WEll, i wonder if it was something on Square's side as the issue is fixed!

Message 7 of 10

HI, Whole Cakes is showing Sweets and Show Us Some Love still does not have items.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Weird, because it shows for me.

Message 9 of 10

HI, I just checked on Safari on laptop, Chrome on laptop and iPhone.  Whole Cakes links to Sweets and Show Us Some Love has 0 items.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 10 of 10