x

Fix for SM-S220i Bluetooth printer printing 80mm wide now?

I've used the SM-S220i printer with 2" (58mm) wide paper successfully with Square Retail since June, and this week it has begun printing wider so that 1/3 of the content runs off the page. Square's printer profile is defaulted to 80mm (3") wide paper. I spoke to tech support at Star Micron, and there has never been an 80mm version of the SM-S220i printer. Therefore, I think Square has updated its software and the profile for the printer with an incorrect printer preset area. Has anyone else had this issue and find a solution?

Have been on the phone with Square twice, each time lead through a series of troubleshooting steps that did not correct the problem. The last suggestion was update to the latest iOS, which did not correct the problem.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi there @CourtStreetCF and welcome to the Seller Community 👋

Sorry to hear about the troubles!

Is the font printing larger than it was before?

Are you able to attach a photo or two in your response here?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

The font is bigger, yes, because it is stretching to fit on 80mm margins instead of 58.

I apparently do not have permission to upload images. If I were to attach the photos of a receipt from last week next to one from this week, you'd see that 2/3 of the receipt is printed, with the right-most 1/3 not printed. The font is larger on this week's 2/3 printed receipt.  I would also attach a screen shot of the printer selection page inside Square Retail, and how it is labeled as having 80mm paper, when this printer model does not and never has had 80mm wide paper. 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

It turns out that our engineers have been made aware of this issue, and are currently working on a fix @CourtStreetCF!

Thanks for flagging, and please look out for another Square Point of Sale app update next week.

Valentina
Message 4 of 6

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Absolutely!

Please let us know here if you continue to run into this issue after the next update, @CourtStreetCF.

Valentina
Message 6 of 6