x

How do I update POS?

I have POS/Register on my Samsung GS3. I am getting notifications on the pull-down notification screen that an update is available. However, when I click on it, it takes me to the Square page in Play Store, where the only two options are to open or uninstall. Also, when I look at available updates for my apps and games within Play Store, there is no update for Square listed there. Can anyone help me to find the missing update? I called Square customer service to solve this, but they told me that they have no control over it as the updates are pushed by Play Store. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

First thing you need to do is see if there is a new version of your phones operating system. Go to settings, about this device, update.  After you do that you may be able to update square. If not it is time to get a new phone.  Your phones operating system version is becoming out dated. 

Message 2 of 5

I did consider that the age of my phone might be restricting the update from coming through, and unfortunately my phone says there is no update available for it, probably because Samsung has orphaned it. Since Square has a vested interest in me using their service, do you think they can get me a new phone?

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Let me rephrase that.  No I don’t think they would provide you with a phone. 

Message 4 of 5

Thanks. 

Message 5 of 5