x

How do you change the email address that receives email responses to estimates

Hi there! 

I recently hired an assistant that will be handling sending estimates and invoices for me.  I'm having trouble setting it up so that email replies come in for estimates and invoice sent through invoicing@messaging.squareup.com, they are coming to my email because the Square account is set up in my email.  I set up a team and added her so she would have her own log in, and even when estimates are sent through her log in, the replies are coming to me.  

I know there is a trick with setting up a rule in my email, but I can't figure it out.  Each reply comes from the individual clients, rather than one email account, so I can't figure it out.  This is just a very long winded way of saying, "HELP!"

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

@balloongal I believe if you go to account & settings ---->  locations ---> edit you can change the location e-mail address here that goes on invoices and estimates.  I would try that first.  

If you can't change that (i.e. the account owner gets the e-mails and you need it to go to an employee) you could set up an e-mail auto forwarding for estimates in your e-mail account.  Set up a test estimate and send it to an alternate e-mail and use the key words you see in the subject there to set up a filter to forward a copy of estimates to your employee.  I am pretty sure estimate is in the subject line, but you don't want to filter all square emails.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 7

I've have my business email set in my account settings as well as location settings in the square dashboard.  But I just got an email sent to my personal email address from someone replying to a receipt they received for an order.  How do I change that email address so those replies go to my business email address? 

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @cvandyne

It sounds like your Feedback Settings might need to be updated.  That email is separate from the one assigned for Square Communication.  

This should fix your issue with Feedback responses.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

Thanks!  That looked to be the case 

Message 5 of 7

change email for domain

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @thetrue 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

Can you confirm the domain name so that we can double check for you? The option to manage the domain contact information should be under Website > Domains > Manage but I'm not seeing any registered domains in the account you are currently logged into. 

Message 7 of 7