x

How to change send date on E-gift card

A customer purchased an e-gift card and selected the wrong date to send it in the future. How can I change this for them?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Champion

Message 2 of 12
Alumni

Hey ya'll - I just tested this and unfortunately, the Resend button only shows up once the system has confirmed that an eGift Card was already sent the first time. So if you set the date for tomorrow, you won't see the option to Resend until tomorrow. Currently, there isn't a way to adjust the date at this time, but that would be a helpful tool that I'll mention to our Gift Cards team.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 12
Square Champion

so @puka, what would be the next step in this type of situation?

In general and not specific to this case Let's say the sender accidentally picked 1/2/20 when they meant 1/2/19 what is the next best step to fix this?  can Customer support change the future send date in this event?  Should the e-gift card be refunded and then resold to pick the correct date?  (this is complicated as you need to be able to rebill the customer who bought the e-gift card)

Message 4 of 12
Alumni

I’ll check in with our Gift Cards team to confirm whether it’s possible for it to be resent by our CS team. In the meantime, a refund would be the next course of action. Since you’d only be alerted of the wrong send date by the customer themselves, it shouldn’t be too difficult to tell them to expect a refund and repurchase a new gift card since you’d already be in contact with them at that point. I understand that this is inconvenient though and I’ll let you know once I hear back from the Gift Cards team if there is another way. Happy holidays!
Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

@handsomebiscuit Just remember, if you do Refund the original eGift Card, make sure to Clear the Balance of the original one manually too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

Did this ever get resolved?  I just had a customer enter the wrong delivery day so their birthday e-gift is going to arrive late.  

Message 7 of 12

I don't think there's a fix for this yet. (Maybe there is, but I can't figure it out.) We've had to go to the e-gift card, clear the balance, then resend a new one for the correct date. 

Message 8 of 12
Admin

@MBGC No fix for this quite yet. @HB1 your workaround is best along with the one mentioned above (refunding).

Sorry there isn't an update to share about this quite yet. I'll keep my eyes out for any changes I see.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 12

Still no update on this and it's been years? Square started taking over $500 extra from small coffee shops last year and no money is invested in improvements? 

Message 10 of 12

I was contacted by a customer who told me his daughter emailed him an e-gift card that she purchased online through our website (attached to square ap) and he accidentally deleted it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GO TO FIND THESE ONLINE PURCHASED E-GIFT CARDS, let alone how to re-send it. 

Please help!  blueberrykari@gmail.com

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @blueberrykari,

To resend an eGift card please follow the steps below: 

1. Sign in to the Gift Cards section of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. From the Overview screen, search for the eGift Card sale by entering the gift card number or selecting a timeframe from the date range selector.
  3. Select the transaction > click Resend.
  4. Enter the recipient’s email address > click Resend.

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 12 of 12