x

How to correct business owner

I set up Square for our nonprofit. It’s an all volunteer organization with no physical location, a PO Box only. Square doesn’t allow PO Boxes. I’ve entered my home address as a work around. 

When I try to update the tax ID to the nonprofits I receive an error message because my home address doesn’t match the address on file with the IRS for the nonprofit tax ID. I’m stuck and not sure Square will be a viable solution for our nonprofit if I can’t find a work around.

I’m not getting anywhere with customer service.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@SIAshland When filling out the form ss-4 to get the ein it has line 4a & 5a.  5a is the physical address and I am thinking that is the address you need to enter to verify the EIN.  The IRS doesn't even allow only po boxes unless you do not get mail delivery to the address.

Can you imagine the fraud that could be perpetrated if there was no "physical" location for verification?  This is to protect the integrity of the system.

I don't think there is any kind of work around in this situation, but I would double check your EIN application for that physical address also.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2