x

Inactive Account

I had attempted to open a second location, and that did not pan out.  I still have an inactive account on my accounts because of this.  I am exploring a new business venture, but instead of creating a new square account, could I just reactivate my inactive account and change the information?  

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @Revvarberco.  You certainly can.  As you found out, once a location is created it can be deactivated but it will always be there.  I recently found myself in the same situation — I had two inactive locations which I used to use for testing purposes.  I just learned to live with seeing them listed.  Now I am creating a new REAL location and I was faced with the choice of adding another in Square or trying to reuse one of my old “test” locations.  In my case, I opted to create a new location because I didn’t want to have to remember what weird settings I had tested might cause issues with the new location.  Having a “blank slate” was determined to be best for me, but you are free to reactivate that inactive location and use it for your new one.

Best of luck with the new venture!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @Revvarberco.  You certainly can.  As you found out, once a location is created it can be deactivated but it will always be there.  I recently found myself in the same situation — I had two inactive locations which I used to use for testing purposes.  I just learned to live with seeing them listed.  Now I am creating a new REAL location and I was faced with the choice of adding another in Square or trying to reuse one of my old “test” locations.  In my case, I opted to create a new location because I didn’t want to have to remember what weird settings I had tested might cause issues with the new location.  Having a “blank slate” was determined to be best for me, but you are free to reactivate that inactive location and use it for your new one.

Best of luck with the new venture!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2