x
Beta Member

Individual client notifications shut off somehow, need them back on!

We have just reopened our salon after being shut down for 12 weeks. As we have been rebooking clients within Square Appointments we have noticed many (almost every) client has a "warning" pop up that 'email and/or text reminders are shut off for this customer' and that we can change that in within their profile. These clients have always received text reminders. I'm not sure why they are all of a sudden shut off. I have all of our notification settings turned on and set to the appropriate times we used before. Do we need to now go into each account individually and turn them back on?!?! PLEASE HELP! Thank you!! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BlackLotusSalon,

Have you already enabled appointment confirmations as detailed in this Support Center article?

I wasn't sure because you said you turned something on but wasn't sure where you already looked.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @ashc  - yes these were the setting I was referring to. I have enabled all notifications to the settings we have always previously used and they are working. However when scheduling an appointment, individual clients will Have this notification pop up that email/text reminders are shut off within their client profile. And to fix this we can change the setting within each profile.

I’m not sure why this is happening to clients who have always received reminders from us and the only way I’m finding to fix it is to manually change this setting each time it occurs. And unfortunately it’s taking a lot of time and we have no way of knowing who has this turned off until we encounter during the scheduling process. 

Message 3 of 6

Ahh okay @BlackLotusSalon.

It sounds like some of your clients may of opted out of receiving communications with us.

I would go through each profile to make sure it's turned on as you have done even though I know that's cumbersome. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Okay, thank you @ashc   I was under the impression if they had opted out we did not have access to turn that back on through our side of things. I will just continue to instruct staff to fix the setting for each person then. 

Message 5 of 6

No worries @BlackLotusSalon

Ashley C
Message 6 of 6