x

Invalid Zip Code - Wordpress plugin is broke since last update

After the last Square plugin update we’ve had many customers call and say they can’t place orders because they are getting invalid zip code when the try to checkout. I tried duplicating the issue with 3 different addresses/zip codes and no issue. Then we got a return customer  who had ordered multiple times before. His info was saved in the DB. I logged in as him and tried to process and order and as soon as I submitted the order it was blocked immediately with “Postal Code Not Valid”. It’s not a CC processing error like “no zip match”.

I looked at the last plugin updates we’ve done and saw that the first complaint came on the same day that we updated the Square plugin. I then disabled Square and enabled payments by check. I then went and processed the same customers order and the order went through.

The issue is 100% with Square plugin but it only happens with certain ZIP codes. In this case it is: Tampa, FL 33624.

I Googled around and found several more people posting about this same issue all in the last 2 weeks. There is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed. Square you can clearly also see from our account that we haven't had an order process in almost a week except for a test order i forced through. 

Here is another user who just posted the same issue a few hours ago on Wordpress support forums who also said he submitted a trouble ticket 4 days ago with you and you have not addressed this issue.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/invalid-zip-code-2/

HELP!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Update: See Jedfirestone's post  on the Square Wordpress Support forums. He was nice enough to post a fix for this issue. The issue is CSS related. We've now implement it and we confirm that the issue is resolved but if Square doesn't fix it in their next update it will surely overwrite the fix.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

@occo

Thanks for posts and for following up with more information. Just to clarify, this does look like the Square/WooCommerce plugin with WordPress.  WooCommerce is the manager of that plug-in, and you will want to reach out to their support team and open a ticket if you have not already. They do integrate with our processing system and will fully control that integration. 

If you have already opened a ticket here, we can pass the information on to the API team- but they will say the same, the management of the integration is done by WooCommerce.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 3 of 3