x
Beta Member

Issues with timecard alerts showing unscheduled shifts

Hi!

I have been using the timecards portion so it would sync with my payroll -- and have been creating schedules and publishing them weekly HOWEVER when I go to reconcile the timecards, every employee has an alert for every day they worked showing that they worked an unscheduled shift.

Is there a function or element I do not have turned on on my end? Or was there something that I may have missed in setup so that the shifts sync when the employees clock in?

- They are clocking in on our POS

- The shifts they work are scheduled and published the week prior

- They are clocking in on time (not outside of the scheduled window)

- Some are clocking OUT early because they go home early -- but for the most part all are staying the duration of the scheduled shift. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @ElizZwicker -

Have you tried updating your Point of Sale software, so the scheduling option will show in your app. 

If you update and still have trouble, please let me know. I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

We are having this issue as well but only with some employees, not all of them so I don't think it is an update issue.

Amanda Stefl
Message 3 of 6

HI there, @timberhillwine - thanks for taking the time to reach out!

I'd love to get some eyes on this error message you are seeing in order to flag it over to our Payroll Team to get some context. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error message you are getting on your device?

I will keep an eye out for your reply! 

Joe
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

After spending a very significant amount of time on the phone with support yesterday I think we have it figured out.  It does seem to be an update issue.  It looked to be employee specific but upon further investigation some employees were clocking in using an older iPad vs other employees using the new one.  I told them to stop clocking in with the old iPad as we are unable to update it but it still is usable for Square POS. So, hopefully we are all good!

Amanda Stefl
Message 5 of 6

Glad to hear you got this one solved, @tumberhillwine! I appreciate you bouncing back and letting us know!

Joe
Message 6 of 6