x

Latest App Update keeps Crashing

Ever since the last app update last week, I keep finding my ipad screen black because the app crashed. Odd thing about it, is the app doesn't appear to be crashing ever while we are using it, although it is freezing up a couple times a day, and then we have to do a hard restart on the ipad. They are all ipad Airs that are 2yo or less.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

That sounds odd @LSGHFBKS. When you say "since last week's update" do you mean an update to the Square POS app or your iPad's iOS software?

There's actually a new version of the app available from the app store -- as of yesterday. Can you update your iPads to version 4.87 and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue? 

I'm not sure if you're using the Stand with your iPads buts just in case it persists after you update the app I also recommend deleting and reinstalling the app (make note of your log in information beforehand) and going through these troubleshooting steps for connection issues with iPads and Stand

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

I updated both the ios and the app at the same time, last week. And ever since then they have been crashing. I'm trying to update the app again, I managed to find it on one ipad, but on the other ipads it's not showing up, even after hard restarts. I'll have to check and see when it was updated just in case a staff member updated it, although typically no one but myself does. If they have updated to the newest (2 days ago) they are still occasionally glitching out and we have to do a hard restart.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi again. To check for an update can you search for Square Point of Sale from the App Store app on your iPad? You might need to wait another day for the new version as we roll out the latest version to everyone.

If the app continues to crash please don't hesitate call CS so we can open a ticket and have our engineering team take a closer look. We want to make sure this is fixed ASAP! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

We have the same problem in 3 locations on 6 POS. Has this been solved?

Message 5 of 6

Hey @Laffer, this post is in reference to an old version of the Point of Sale App. We released app version 4.90 yesterday. Are your iPads crashing on this new update? Also what version of iOS are you running?

I want to get you firing on all cylinders as soon as possible so I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 

Message 6 of 6