x

Launching online ordering page versus building square website for our Pizza and BBQ restaurant

We recently launched our restaurant.  We have a website www.naplespizzany.com  Id like to add an online ordering page, but see there is also an option for a square online website.  Anyone out there up for a phone call in East Coast.  Also our register does not seem to sync with our menu updates we make on the dashboard.   Beginning to think we should have selected another POS system all together.   I know you all feel me out there. Im a little overwhelmed. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @NaplesPizza !

First, for your website, there are a couple of ways to look at it. If you’re using a personalized email address with your domain name, I don’t believe Square supports those. You’ll probably want to keep your original website in that case. 

That’s what I did, since I use a lot of the cPanel tools on my main website including email. What I also did was set up a forwarder with order.yourdomain.com pointing to the square website. It’s as close to a custom branding as you can do when keeping our own site.

As for the product sync issues, I have seen where if you’re doing a lot of updates to the menu at once the system may not show everything right away. I recommend a full restart of your register. That usually fixes the problem. One off updates aren’t usually an issue.

Along those lines, doing multiple updates on your website will cause your browser to get confused and not show the most current info. Clear your cookies and restart your browser to fix that one.

Once you get past the initial startup hurdles, I fully believe Square is one of the better—if not the best—SMB merchant service tools out there. Any system you go with will be frustrating at first. It’s how it’s supported going forwards that really matters.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @NaplesPizza !

First, for your website, there are a couple of ways to look at it. If you’re using a personalized email address with your domain name, I don’t believe Square supports those. You’ll probably want to keep your original website in that case. 

That’s what I did, since I use a lot of the cPanel tools on my main website including email. What I also did was set up a forwarder with order.yourdomain.com pointing to the square website. It’s as close to a custom branding as you can do when keeping our own site.

As for the product sync issues, I have seen where if you’re doing a lot of updates to the menu at once the system may not show everything right away. I recommend a full restart of your register. That usually fixes the problem. One off updates aren’t usually an issue.

Along those lines, doing multiple updates on your website will cause your browser to get confused and not show the most current info. Clear your cookies and restart your browser to fix that one.

Once you get past the initial startup hurdles, I fully believe Square is one of the better—if not the best—SMB merchant service tools out there. Any system you go with will be frustrating at first. It’s how it’s supported going forwards that really matters.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

@ryanwanner thanks, ill try turning on/off and re-start the register.   I think you are right Square is one of the best, it was Square or Toast, for sure.   So, do you have an online ordering at your website I could see?  I presume you are using your menu in the dashboard or are you indicating you built something custom?

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

@NaplesPizza I kind of have a site. I’m in between physical locations due to landlord issues. Long story. 😐

My physical location is at order.RnRCoffeeCafe.com and my roasterie website is forwarded to a square site by going to gpr.coffee

Both sites pull from my main item library via the online item list. 

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4