x

Logo is black on my Printed Receipts

All of a sudden my thermal receipts are displaying a black, square logo at the top instead of my business logo. This was not the case before. I went in to Account & Settings > Business Information > Receipts and made sure that the logos were there (they were, but I also replaced them). Other receipt changes I make to text etc update just fine, but the logo continues to print in black. Any ideas? Photo of the receipt:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hynupccobyo7bj6mtrmg4/IMG_0725.JPG?rlkey=yr2z59snpnz7z5zh35gor1rqd&dl...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Beta Member

Hi NourishSF,

Are you still having that issue ?   Also what is the image size you're using for the Logo ?  We ran into a logo issue sometime back where it was printing too large which only part of it showed and most of it was black as our logo has black in it.  Our work around was to create a .png file 400 x 200 - we then reduced the image size of our logo so it would fit in the middle of the 400 x 200 .png file.  We left enough border around the logo so it didn't touch any edges of the .png file.  And just like magic - it printed perfectly on the receipts.  Not sure if this work around would work for you but, may be worth looking into.

jk

Message 2 of 9

Thank you for the advice! Didn't work unfortunately but I really appreciate you taking the time to share a potential solution. I'll keep messing with it, fingers crossed. 

Message 3 of 9

Appreciate the follow up. I did try, again, a 200x200 png b&w logo file and no dice; still printing a black square. I think it's a system bug as it worked fine forever and the one day, it didn't. 😞

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

I had this issue happen to a while back and forgot all about it. I ended up just turning the logo feature off on receipts.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 5 of 9

Have you tried these tips?

• Your logo should be at least 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
  • The maximum size of the printed logo is 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
  • A printed receipt logo should be formatted as strict black and white, without any color or shades of grey.
  • The logo image displayed in your Dashboard will look similar to your printed logo.

Try reducing the height to 200 or under and see if that cures it.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I’m also having this same issue — at first it was only on one device, then it was on multiple devices in only some apps (ie. retail vs appointments) but now it’s happening on all devices in all apps. It’s frustrating because I love how professional our logo looks when printed on the receipts. My logo is a PNG formatted to the exact size stated above. I’ve tried to remove it and re-upload it, create a new file altogether, and nothing has worked. Seems like a software bug to me but super frustrating seeing as we print receipts every single day!

Message 7 of 9

Yes, this is still happening for us as well, and now affects both of our locations using thermal printers for receipts (logo turns up black). Definite software bug that needs fixing. We've had to turn off logo printing. 😞 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your printed logos, @palomaexchange & @palomaexchange! Have you had a chance to delete your printer station, and set it up anew? 

Message 9 of 9