x

Manual transfer option not working

Has anyone else been unable to switch to manual transfers of funds? I have that option selected in Transfer Settings, but still keep getting daily automatic transfers to my bank account. I would like to know if anyone solved that problem. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Manual transfer option not working

Hi @RedCartBooks 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Before I jumped into your question, just wanted to take a second to say welcome to the Seller Community. We are happy to have you. 

So sorry to hear about the confusion concerning your Instant Transfer. If you're not seeing an option to manually initiate an Instant Transfer, have you attached a valid debit card? Manual transfers utilize a debit card on file to send funds immediately to your bank.

I will keep an eye out for your response! 

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @RedCartBooks 👋 Thanks for reaching out! Before I jumped into your question, just wanted to take a second to say welcome to the Seller Community. We are happy to have you. 

So sorry to hear about the confusion concerning your Instant Transfer. If you're not seeing an option to manually initiate an Instant Transfer, have you attached a valid debit card? Manual transfers utilize a debit card on file to send funds immediately to your bank.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

Joe
Message 2 of 9

Thank you, Joe, your answer is much appreciated! I'm still confused about the difference between manual transfers and instant transfers. Are they the same? 

The reason I'm wanting to switch to manual transfers is to avoid the daily fee my bank is charging me for each transfer. I can let the balance build up in Square and then transfer once a week. However, if manual transfers are the same as instant transfers, and I am charged 1.5% to move the funds to my bank, then I'm not saving anything.

Thank you for your patience!

Message 3 of 9

Got it! We can definitely clarify here. In this case, Manual and Instant Transfers would be the same. If you're only wanting to transfer your deposits periodically, in this case - once a week, I would recommend taking a look into the Square Card

The Square Card gives you real-time access to your Square Balance after you've taken payments, meaning that you don't have to wait for a Transfer to your bank - and avoid any associated fees that your bank might take. The Square Card also allows you to manually transfer funds to your bank when you like! - this includes both the option to Instant Transfer from the Square Card, or wait for a next business-day transfer.

I understand that there are a lot of moving pieces when it comes to Transfers and Balance, so please let me know if you need me to further clarify! I would also recommend taking a look at this helpful resource here, which will give you an overview of all Transfer options.

Joe
Message 4 of 9

Thank you! That clears up the confusion. I will look into the Square Card.

🙂

Message 5 of 9

I am in the square card and I have checked the box that says manual transfer but when the deposit is done and all is for manual transfer I am still charged the instant transfer and it is costing a lot of money, so how do I make sure the next time I do a credit card and everything is set for manual transfer and it goes instant what do I do. Is there some kind of glitch? 

Message 6 of 9

Hello!!! yes I do have an debit card connected to my account

Message 7 of 9

I've set everything up and it's saying error unknown  

Message 8 of 9

Hi there, @Tmailo, thanks for reaching out to let us know.

Just to ensure we're on the same page with you here, are you receiving the unknown error message when attempting to initiate a Manual Transfer

If so, and you've followed the linked steps to enable manual transfers, we suggest reaching out directly to our Support Team who will be able to take a look at your current settings with you. 

If you'd like to speak with our Support Team by phone, you can give us a call at 1-855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday - Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 9 of 9