x

Moving custom domain back to another hosting site

I used the custom domain to activate my square site. I did not realize that it would override the existing site. 

I need to transfer the site back to my original hosting so I can have the original site back.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Your original site is still there it just doesn't have a domain name pointing to it. 

You will need the to log into your original website and go to settings, from there look for Domain. There you will connect your custom domain. If your website hosting company doesn't do it automatically you will need to find the domain name servers and edit it manually with the company that you purchased your domain name.

It can take 15 mins. - 24 hrs. hours for your site to be switched back.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Your original site is still there it just doesn't have a domain name pointing to it. 

You will need the to log into your original website and go to settings, from there look for Domain. There you will connect your custom domain. If your website hosting company doesn't do it automatically you will need to find the domain name servers and edit it manually with the company that you purchased your domain name.

It can take 15 mins. - 24 hrs. hours for your site to be switched back.

Message 2 of 2