x
Agency Partner

My client is having a payment processing issue

Almost all credit card transactions are being declined on my client's site. This is urgent as they are doing a new product launch today. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Need more help with Square? Feel free to contact us directly, we're happy to help.
appaloosa.tech
ask@appaloosa.tech
512-866-8806
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @AppaloosaTech thanks for your post. I'm sorry your client is having trouble with processing. Can you expand a bit more...is your client using Square to try and run a card? Are you using Square to try and accept a payment from your Client? Just trying to better understand what may be happening here. I'm not sure what you and your client and both of your relationship is to Square and who is trying to do what...

Message 2 of 6
Agency Partner

@HC_Charlie 

Sorry for being vague. 

My client is unable to accept credit card payments on their e-commerce site, which is very important because they just launched a new product today and are receiving orders for it. 

However, PayPal and CashApp work correctly. Just normal credit cards are having issues. 

Thanks!

Need more help with Square? Feel free to contact us directly, we're happy to help.
appaloosa.tech
ask@appaloosa.tech
512-866-8806
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Thanks @AppaloosaTech for more info...so they are using Square, they or you could check their Dashboard and make sure credit cards are selected as payment methods accepted.

Online >> Settings >> Checkout

You should see an area that shows payments accepted...looks similar to this...If everything is setup you should see Credit Cards, and then also Apple Pay, PayPal further down the screen.

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 11.30.39 PM.png

For information about Square system-wide outages that could affect payment processing for everyone, check this link. It appears everything is function correctly right now. If you do not see the credit card option in the dashboard perhaps payment was never setup initially with the site? Sorry I can't get specific with possible problems other than these general trouble-shooting tips.

If you care to share the website URL I'll take a look and see if anything seems off, the best I can from a user perspective.

Message 4 of 6
Agency Partner

@HC_Charlie 

I did look through those settings, they all appear normal. Thanks for the sanity check regardless. 

I'm thinking it's just that there was a sudden spike of purchases on a relatively new site and the processing companies (Visa, MasterCard, etc) flagged it as fraud. It doesn't make sense because it's the same Square account they use for retail with no issues, but that's the only explanation I can come up with. 

If you care to take a look the URL is https://shop.weareblazon.com, perhaps I missed something. It's rather bare bones at the moment while more content is being produced. 

Thanks for your help and trying your best, that's all any of us can do. 

appaloosa.tech
ask@appaloosa.tech
512-866-8806
Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Sorry for the delay @AppaloosaTech in getting back to you...I check the site and while I didn't complete a purchase, when i went to my shopping cart I did see this...

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 10.16.12 AM.png

So it looks like you can enter a regular credit card number, although the "express" payment is most prominent at the top.

Message 6 of 6