x
Beta Member

NEW ARCHIVE OPTION NOT SHOWING UP ON DASHBOARD

I have received many notifications about the ARCHIVE feature, but it is not available. Clicking the 3 dots only brings up the standard, edit, duplicate, order more etc...

@_Violet 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

@MountainHouse  When you check an item or items to be archived, look to the bottom right of your screen and you will see Actions. Click than and the Archive button will appear.

archive.png

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

Thanks, but that is not showing up at all on my dashboard...

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

@MountainHouse ;

I am not sure if you got this resolved, but I just put screen shots up of the Archive button in the bottom on another post for someone trying to Bulk Delete items here : Questions-How-To/Bulk-Update-of-Item-Library-including-inventory/td-p/381984  

In the First picture I posted at the Bottom Right if you press Actions you would get the Archive button in your Square Dashboards Catalog. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MountainHouse - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the new Archive feature.

It's important to note that you can manage archived items from Square Point of Sale, Square Appointments, and Square for Retail. Archived items are not available on Square Restaurants.

I will send you a DM to follow up on this @MountainHouse.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

This isn't Square for Restaurants. This is Square for RETAIL dashboard. I also do not see the archive option, though it used to be there. It has disappeared in the dashboard.

Message 6 of 15

Hello, @Cheesetique 

For comprehensive information on archiving items from Square Dashboard and Square for Retail, please refer here. If the issue persists, we strongly recommend reaching out to our Support Team via phone. They can assist you further, investigate the matter thoroughly, and, if necessary, file a Support Ticket for our engineers.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for reaching out.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 15

Did this ever get resolved? On the phone with support because mine also doesn't show the archive option, but hoping there is an easy solution I am just over looking. 

Message 8 of 15

Hello @piddlinpottery,

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing the same issue with the archive option. Have you had a chance to update your app, or reset your device yet? 

Message 9 of 15

I am having the same issue. I've been asking for a bulk delete or archive function for a very long time and was thrilled to see the messages about it. When I select multiple items (or even one item for that matter), I do not get an ARCHIVE option.  Please see attached screenshot. Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 11.23.44 AM.png

Message 10 of 15

Hey there @chriswhite thanks for reaching out and letting us know, I am sorry you are having issues viewing the new archive feature. When you click the three blue dots are you still not seeing the option? 

Message 11 of 15

Did you ever get a response or resolution? I've been having the same issue since the messages about archiving started going out and have yet to see it appear on my dashboard. I've also been asking for the functionality for months. So frustrating!

Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

Square support has said that if you have an activate Restaurants subscription (even a free one), the Archive feature won't work until 2024. That's probably why you're not seeing the Archive option. It's a bummer - I was so excited for this feature, but can't use it because we have both restaurant and retail.

Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

Hi @MountainHouse, not sure if you ever got resolution to this.  Some time ago I noticed that on my small screen PC that Square for Retail wouldn't scale correctly and I would lose action buttons at the top/bottom of my screen from view and drop-downs wouldn't work correctly.  I fixed this by changing the zoom settings for my browser (Google). While on the Square website, I set my browser zoom to 67%.  My business partner who also couldn't see Archive (16Nov23), set his google browser zoom setting to 67% and that fixed his problem as well.

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Thanks for checking in. We use square for restaurants so I assume that’s our issue. 

Message 15 of 15