x
Beta Member

Need Help With Tracking Composite Products in Square Inventory Plus

I'm hoping to get some guidance on using Square Inventory Plus. I recently started using this system to manage inventory at our bakery and ice cream shop.

My main stumbling block is dealing with items that are made up of more than one product. For instance, let's take the example of an ice cream sandwich – it's composed of 2 cookies and a scoop of ice cream. When I sell an ice cream sandwich, I want the inventory to automatically deduct two cookies and one scoop of ice cream.

Is there a way to set this up in Square Inventory Plus? If anyone has experience in setting up composite products like this, I would greatly appreciate your advice and step-by-step guidance.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Best,

Nelia 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @lulietbakery.  Currently, Square Inventory is built with a retail focus.  It is not built to handle food & beverage recipe inventory, at all.  There are third-party apps like Restoke and Peachworks for example, that are full-featured restaurant menu, recipe and inventory management.  You can find others by searching the Square App Marketplace here.  All of them have monthly charges because this is a very complex feature that has a lot of moving parts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2