x

Offline: Report to see both date/time of actual transaction (swipe) and the processed date/time.

We are in offline mode most of the day and process transactions later in the evening. Is it possible to have the dashboard or a report to be created to show when the transaction actually occurred during the day and also when the transaction was processed later in the evening? 

From my initial testing it seems once the transaction gets processed, the date and time gets set. Is there a way to recover when the transaction (payment data capture) actually occurred?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @SqAnalytics, welcome to the seller community and thank you for bringing this up.

I went to check on this and when you view your payments in the online Square Dashboard > Transactions tab, the payments will show the date and time of when the payment actually occurred (e.g. when the card information was entered).

Hope this helps clear things up. If you're encountering any issues or if this doesn't match up with your experience, please let us know which report you're viewing. Happy to take a closer look. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Hi Tom - 

All of our transactions done offline, and then are sync later in the day, only show the payment processed time (when it was synced). The previous time, when the payment information was initially captured (the offline time) is overwritten, and I do not know how to get that time back in the dashboard so I can see when the customer was actually there, not when the payment officially got processed.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to check on that. To be sure we're on the same page—which report are you looking at? The information on the Transactions tab should reflect when the card was swiped, not when the payment was uploaded.🤔

It might be helpful to touch base with our Customer Success Team—if you can give them a general time-frame, they'll be able to take a look behind the scenes and offer more insight.

Hope this helps get you the information you need.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4