x

Offline cash payments won't go through

I have 2 devices at my store.  My secondary one is storing all cash payments as offline payments and they won't go through. The device is connected to both cellular service and wifi. My primary device is operating correctly. Any advice?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Fallcityfarms, thanks for reaching out to our seller community and I'm sorry for our delayed response!

I wanted to check in and see if you were still encountering any trouble with this. If so, these troubleshooting tips usually resolve similar issues right away: Troubleshooting in Offline Mode.

If you have any payment-specific questions or would like a team member to take a closer look into your account, please let our Support Team know — they'll get on it.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

We did get it figured out, thank you!   I think it was just a little irregularity after our device was updated to the new operating system.  We tweaked and updated a few settings and apps and it sorted itself out.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Glad to hear it got sorted out — thanks for circling back! Definitly let us know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

I can't get my square to go offline

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Fanc,

Thanks for writing back in to the community, and sorry to hear about the trouble! To turn on offline mode in your app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in your Square App to open the menu. 

2. Tap Settings > Checkout > Offline Mode.

3. Toggle Allow Offline Mode to on.

4. Review the information and then tap Allow Offline Mode.

If you're having trouble with these steps, try these troubleshooting steps. Please let us know how you go 😊👍

Message 6 of 6